After over a decade of running successful single-seater teams multiple World Champion Vincenzo Sospiri turned his hand to GT racing. In 2015, alongside Formula 4 programmes in Italy and Japan VSR entered two Lamborghini Super Trofeo Huracán in the European Championship. Success was immediate with Kei Cozzolino and Shinya Michimi winning the first race of the season in Monza. In the same year the team also entered two rounds of the Italian GT Championship, claiming three class victories in four races.
In 2016 VSR entered the full Italian GT Championship and won the Super GT class with Nicolas Costa in a season which saw the team score seven victories. The team also collected three class wins and seven podiums in the Lamborgini Blancpain Super Trofeo Championship and finished 2nd in class in the Mugello 12 hour race. In the summer the team took delivery of it's first Lamborghini GT3 Huracán which it entered in the 2016-17 Asian Le Mans Series. With a podium finish in their first race at Zhuhai followed by 4th in Fuji Sospiri was pleased with his team's GT3 debut.
The team's modern workshop in Forlì, Italy (40km from Imola) also boasts a simulator and gives drivers access to Fabrizio Borra's Fisiology Centre (www.fisiology.it).
Many of VSR's drivers have been included in Lamborghini driver programmes and act as coachs and instructors when required.
- Nicolas Costa: 2016 Italian Super GT Champion
- Kimiya Sato: 2014 Auto GP Champion with Euronova Racing
- Sergey Trofimov: 2013 Formula Abarth TN Champion with SMP Racing
- Nicolas Costa: 2012 European and Italian Formula Abarth Champion with Euronova Racing
- Sergey Sirotkin: 2011 European Formula Abarth Champion with Euronova Racing
- Robert Kubica (F1 Driver)
- Vitaly Petrov (F1 Driver)
- Jerome d'Ambrosio (F1 Driver)
- Luca Filippi (F1 Test Driver)
- Marco Frezza (GT Champion)
- Pierre Ragues (LMP2 Champion)
- Sergey Sirotkin (F1 Test Driver)
- Nicolas Costa (GT Champion)
- Emanuele Zonzini (GT Driver)
- Kimiya Sato (Auto GP Champion)
- Kei Cozzolino (GT Driver)
- Shinya Michimi (GT Driver)
- 1999 Le Mans pole sitter (Toyota GT One)
- 1999 ISRS World Sportscar Champion (Ferrari 333 SP)
- 1998 ISRS World Sportscar Champion (Ferrari 333 SP)
- 1997 Indy 500 Fastest Rookie
- 1997 IRL Rookie of the Year (Indycar)
- 1996 Benetton F1 test driver
- 1995 F3000 Champion
- 1990 Vauxhall Lotus Champion
- 1988 Formula Ford Festival Winner
- 1982 -1987 Winner of 7 Kart Championships including